SharePoint hosted DB not updatable (1 Viewer)

joncb

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:29
I have moved tables in a DB to SharePoint and the forms, reports etc all display the correct information. The problem is that when I go to add data in a form, I get the "This Recordset is not updatable" notification.
I have attempted researching the issue on line, but none of the solutions that I can get my head around have worked.
I suspect, but can't confirm, it is related to the Keys used in the Access Tables, noting they are different to that used by the SP list. I have uploaded a defn of one of the tables - one from the SP list and the other from the Access table.
As best as I can tell there is nothing I can do about the SP List using an Autonumber ID as the Key, but there seems to be some work arounds at the client end that can be utilised, but I am not having any joy with that.
Interestingly, the Relationship Diagram had no links showing when I opened the SP version in Access, so I tried creating relationships between the tables using the SP provided ID, but again with no joy.

I CAN edit the tables directly, and effect changes in the SP lists that way, so I do have write permission to the SP Lists.

I get the message when I try to update a record in query datasheet view, and when using a form.

When I try to add a record, I get a popup message - "You can't go to the specified record."

Note that when I hosted the DB locally it all works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

joncb

Attachments

• Access table defn.PNG
    Access table defn.PNG
    9 KB · Views: 157
  • SP Table defn.PNG
    SP Table defn.PNG
    19.1 KB · Views: 165

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:29
Hi joncb. You can only create relationships where the data is stored, which in this case would be in SharePoint, not in Access. You said your form is based on a query. Some queries are "read only." Try creating a form based on a table from SP List and see if you can update it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom