Re: Reports displaying multiple records (1 Viewer)

Punice

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:07
Re: Reports displaying multiple records

Thanks for the opportunity to send my db. Have a good laugh at my code. It's alright.

After "we' solve the multiple display problem on the reports, the next and final hurdle is to combine the trip sheet & fueling report on a single page.

This post was requested by DBguy.

Attachments

• 2019 AgHog Driver T&F Sheets DB_2019-10-26.accdb
    1.7 MB · Views: 105

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:07

check and test.
some trips don't have fuel records.

Attachments

1.5 MB · Views: 88

Punice

Registered User.
Local time

I know that that some of the records are incomplete,They contain enough information to exist as records with a T_TN or F_SerNo, which is sufficient to demonstrate my problem.

Thanks for replying.

Punice

Registered User.
Local time

Arnelgp, my apologies for not recognizing what you did, until this morning. I didn't test all of the controls on the 'Select' form, only the middle one. What you achieved eliminated the need for the opening the individual 'trip' & 'fuel' reports. Thank you for performing that magic. You solved one of my problems.

The second problem with the reports is, for example: when I pick the 'Select a trip number to preview both reports' control and pick '1' from the drop-down menu, the report that opens still displays multiple records, like '1', '10' thru '19' or '2', '20 thru 31'. (if all of those records existed), where what I want is for all of trip '1's leg records to display

Perhaps, I didn't describe that problem clearly enough in my previous submissions.

If that problem can be resolved, the db will be finished and I will be able to relax.

Thanks for everybody for you help.

arnelgp

Local time

no worries, i get that all the time.
check the code, its very simple.

Attachments

1.5 MB · Views: 91

Punice

Registered User.
Local time

I see the modification to the code. Neat. Another learning opportunity. I guess it's a never ending journey, this Access stuff.

One final nit picking problem: only the first fueling record appears, even though the tables contain more than one (like trip 2 & 7). Hopefully that is an easy fix for you to do If, with all of the help that I've received from this forum, the design of this db is over

arnelgp

Local time

fix the report.

Attachments

1.5 MB · Views: 96

Punice

Registered User.
Local time

Ok arnelgp,

You did it. You, graciously, tolerated my ignorance and performed the magic that I desperately needed: the solution to my last problem with the never-ending-database project.

Now, I can sleep soundly. As time went on, without my being able to complete the development, I've become obsessed with the damn thing. It occupied every waking moment.

Than you, theDBguy, PBaldy and those of you took time to read my initial post and offer help. All help is greatly appreciated.

:)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:07

Hi. Congrats! Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom