Checking License Key using HTTP (1 Viewer)

cytan828

Local time
Today, 23:29
Hi,

I want to allocate License keys to users, I want to achieve the concept where I store a license key in a text file on a webserver.

Every time the user opens the database, a HTTP response checks the license key to see if it valid.

Has anyone created anything like this...or if anyone can guide me to a pre-written code to achieve this?
Hi, you may watch my video here : Secure Access Database with Online License Keys
This is my simple idea to test the code for online validation, hope it meet your need.

tonez90

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:59
Hi I had done something for checking a text file on a web server which essentially looks at a version of a database. It could be altered to look at a licence key and an email address or name. I attached the module in text format. You can simply call it up via a function "fn_CheckLatestWebVersion". Hope this helps and no guarantees
Cheers
Tonez

Attachments

• Module_CheckWebVersion.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 133

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:29
In case it helps, see also my example app Web Version Checker. This works in a similar way to the description in the last post.

tonez90

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks isladogs - yours look really good. I just visited your databases and some really good examples there. Im definitely going to have a look at these and certainly learn from them as well

Cheers
Tonez

tonez90

Registered User.
Local time
Hi isladogs,
I love you screen stuff. I have downloaded a few of your demo's and they are very useful. Keep up the great work as it will be extremely useful to me as I move forward with some of my projects. I do like you system tray example and attention seeking database. I am currently seeing what you have listed.

Cheers
Tonez

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom