How to stitch several reports (1 Viewer)

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:41
Hi
I am developing a departmental rota database. I posted a few questions in other places. Now I have a question regarding reports. I am going to have several reports. Unfortunately I can't see a way to create one report because some reports require cross tab queries and some are not. I need in the final report to have rows for each date of the rota and in this rows multiple activities. Is it possible at all to create such a complicated report? I had a try to insert one report into another as a sub report. That is not what I want. May be I have to accept the limitations and export each report into Excel and stitch the data there. But that would be disappointing.
I am attaching pdf samples of two reports as an example.

Attachments

• r_01_act.pdf
    36.3 KB · Views: 186
  • r_02_pm.pdf
    48.6 KB · Views: 197

Dreamweaver

Local time
I came across that a while ago a crosstab will only allow one value, I dd try combining them in a query but don't think that worked I would have then coded a solution using a table but never got around to it.

I'm sure there's somebody out there who have done it.

good luck

mick

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I haven't been participating in your other thread(s) but suggest you provide a link to anything else relevant to this

Have you considered using a report with one or more sub reports?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I found two Excel files in that thread. Not sure exctly what you want.
However, no reason why you can't achieve something similar with a bit of planning

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
I found two Excel files in that thread. Not sure exctly what you want.
However, no reason why you can't achieve something similar with a bit of planning

The thing is some reports are from cross tab queries. Some are from simple queries. Activities are not similar. Some of the activities required me to use Concatrelated function to get a string of multiple entries. So it's quite complicated.

Dreamweaver

Local time
I just took a look at the first excel sheet, If thats what you want on a report I think Your looking at a code solution.

you could loop trough your table(s) and create a temp table to hold the data in the format you need then the report uses that.

mick

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
I just took a look at the first excel sheet, If thats what you want on a report I think Your looking at a code solution.

you could loop trough your table(s) and create a temp table to hold the data in the format you need then the report uses that.

mick

Thanks MickJav

Where can I find how to loop and create temporary tables?

Dreamweaver

Local time
There's a lot out there I think alan browns site has some idears or maybe somebody around here will help.

mick

Dreamweaver

Local time
Try downloading my employee example it has a number of forms that use what you are looking for

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom