Crosstab in report or subreport (1 Viewer)

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:32
Hello
I have a good report containing data from several queries. I want now to include to the report my final piece so that it was as a subreport. Unfortunately I can't do this because that piece of data is in the form of a crosstab query. Is there a possibility to solve this? Probably I can create a new table from a crosstab query and then include it to the report. But I wanted to do this in an automatic manner.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
What's the problem?
Crosstab queries can be used as the record source of a report or subreport.

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
What's the problem?
Crosstab queries can be used as the record source of a report or subreport.

Yes, I can create a report from a crosstab. But each time it asks me which columns I want to include. The thing is the next month there will be different collumns and thier number will be different. So I need each time after the data changed to create a report.
And also I could not include a crosstab report as a subreport so that it showed records filtered on the value in one field in the master report.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Both issues are solvable without using a make table query

You can fix the column headers issue in one of two ways
For fixed column headers e.g. Jan, Feb ... Dec you just specify them in the property sheet
However where these are different each time, you instead use dynamic headings. For an example showing how this works, see http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/extended-file-properties/4594398115.

Crosstab queries can also be filtered. You can easily filter on a field from the main report

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
Crosstab queries can also be filtered. You can easily filter on a field from the main report

I am sorry, but I can't do it. For example, I have main report with Field Rota_id
And I Have a crosstab query with Field Rota_id as row Heading. I try to insert into report footer crosstab as a subreport. It asks me to define the fields to filter and I choose Rota_id in the master report and Rota_id in the child report. Then when I ran the report as long as I scroll down to the report footer a message appears: "You can't use a pass-through query or a non-fixed column crosstab query as a record source for a subform or subreport.
Before you bind the subform or subreport to a crosstab query, set the query's ColumnHeadings property"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom