How to speed-up Access DataBase on a Split table (1 Viewer)

Moore71

DEVELOPER
Local time
Today, 12:19
Hi,
I have a solution being used by 2 users on a Lan/Wlan. Initially there wasn't any complain until recently they are complaining of too slow activities
I went there to check and you need to wait minutes for one process to perform
I change selecting Items from a ComboBox traditionally to using code to fetch data and I index almost every tables, but no valid result from that. I ask them to archive the data to start fresh entry but they reject that (It's a sales outlet)

Pls any help to increase speed?

Regards,
Moore

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:19
Hi,
I have a solution being used by 2 users on a Lan/Wlan. Initially there wasn't any complain until recently they are complaining of too slow activities
I went there to check and you need to wait minutes for one process to perform
I change selecting Items from a ComboBox traditionally to using code to fetch data and I index almost every tables, but no valid result from that. I ask them to archive the data to start fresh entry but they reject that (It's a sales outlet)

Pls any help to increase speed?

Regards,
Moore
Hi Moore. First obvious question: Are you using a "persistent" connection to the BE?

Moore71

DEVELOPER
Local time
Thanks I have gone through the links sent to me and I am so grateful indeed because they all contributed to my search. I have sort out the issues
The application is relatively fast again now

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:19
Glad you have it resolved.
To assist others who may read this thread, can you tell us what you did specifically to get the speed back?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:19
Thanks I have gone through the links sent to me and I am so grateful indeed because they all contributed to my search. I have sort out the issues
The application is relatively fast again now
Hi. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Moore71

DEVELOPER
Local time
Hi,
These are what I did to have my Access Application speedup:
I opened the backend while the frontend were all closed,
I Repair and Compile the Backend as manually,
I re-indexed most fields that required search,
IWorked on my physical lan connections and,Installed ManageEngine_OpManager to monitor my network
That's all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom