Access and Power BI (1 Viewer)

Joy83

Local time
Today, 01:44
Good Day,
I am starting new project where I want to link my power BI view with my access forms?

I don't know if this is doable
if yes, would you share tutorial

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 04:44
Hello Joy,

Welcome to AWF!

I have no idea but I have been wondering what impact Power BI would have on the Access Community so hopefully we will both learn something...

John

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:44
The jury appears to be out on this one.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Power-BI-better-than-MS-Access

I'm getting a vibe something similar to SharePoint here. So I'm not sure where Power BI fits in the scheme of things.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/integrations/access/

This article seems to suggest that PowerBI belly-flopped.

https://www.c5insight.com/Resources...-power-bi-in-office-365-we-wont-miss-you.aspx

Some articles suggest that it is part of Office 365, so there should be some way to gather data among the members. I see many Excel/BI articles as well. Some of the articles suggest that Access might be a data source for PowerBI because its tools are more like "data analytics" whereas Access is more about relationships and data models. But I'm seeing ABSOLUTELY NO CONSENSUS on the value of PowerBI. The articles that tout its praises seem to be sponsored in large part, so that doesn't help.

Joy83, I'm sorry that I have not seen any tutorials on the subject so regrettably cannot share that which I don't have.

Joy83

Local time
Thanks a lot for your reply.
As you just said BI is for analytics while building the data structure is through Access
I want to utilize the good analytical structure and the good looking dashboards from power BI an my access application.

I don’t like the charts in access

Slap

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:44
Fairly simple connection, but without a doubt it works best if the data is cloud based if you want to start any auto updating/refresh.

I'm a newbie myself but have a dynamic dashboard with 2 X refresh daily via personal gateway. Host data on sharepoint in my case (. Xlsx)

Works quite well all things considered, for Access look at sharepoint lists as an alternative, it doesn't play well hosted directly on sharepoint. Or use vba to output query to sharepoint.

Azure is also possible..

Regards

Slap

Ports

Registered User.
Local time
Same here. I have used Access with Power BI but mostly I use .xlsx files stored on a sharepoint and even better sharepoint lists (as forms)

I really like Power Bi. It's easy and intuitive on the one hand. On the other hand, it can be very powerful with DAX and/or Python/R scripts.

Joy83

Local time
thanks all for your reply

what do you recommend to have good looking graphs in VBA ?

can I integrate access and excel? extract the result in excel graphs via VBA ?
any suggestions

Ports

Registered User.
Local time
VBA is not normally used to visualise data. It’s always good to use the tools that were intended to achieve a partical outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom