Navigate records in Form (1 Viewer)

JIT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:00
Hello Everybody,

I would appreciate, if some of you can help me in this regard. I have a Complaint Database. There are two tables with corresponding forms for entering customer information and complaint information. The two tables have one to many relationship. I used Customer code as a primary key in Customer information table. When I receive any customer complaints I open Complaint information form, and select Customer ID/Name from combo box, and enter information. My problem is that I am unable to view/edit any information entered earlier in Customer complaint form. To view/edit records, I have to go to table for customer complaint information. Is there a way to view/edit/navigate information via customer complaint form?

Thanks in advance,

Jit

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:00
Hmmm. I assume the One to Many is One Customer, Many Complaints. If that is so then you want a Main form (Customers) and a Subform (Complaints). Selecting a customer will show all their complaints in the subform and you can add new complaints as well.

hth,
Jack

JIT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:00
Thanks!!

Hello Jack,

Thanks for your inputs. I have solved the problem. I changed the 'Data entry' for the form to 'No' from 'Yes'. (I am a fool. Not knowing such a simple thing). Now I can navigate all records.

Once again thanks for your help. This forum is very helpful for a novice like me.

Jit

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:00
Aha! The old Data Entry Set To Yes problem! Glad you got it sorted...

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom