Access 2000 conversion ? (1 Viewer)

gbanks

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:12
I'm wondering if anybody has had a problem with this. I have about 75 users of an access 97 db. All of the users machines are upgrading to access 2000 in the near future. Here is the problem. The users will not be upgrading simutanlously to access 2000. A few each day will. The database is comprised of 2 databases. A front end application db which links to a backend db. The front applcation db is on the users hard drive and that db links to the backend db which is located on a shared network drive. Here's my question: What I thought I could do was make a new front end application db in 2000 and distribute it to each user as they receive access 2000. The users with the 97 application db would keep the 97 db on there hard drive until they receive access 2000. My question is: is this ok today. Will a access 2000 front end db work on an access 97 backend? Will there be any conflicts with the 97and 2000 users? If this isn't an answer is there another solultion? Thanks..

RichMorrison

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:12
In general, an Access 2000 front end will work fine with Access 97 back end tables.

RichM

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom