schedule a macro to run (1 Viewer)

Bob Thornton

Local time
Today, 22:30
I have a macro that deletes a table, then imports a text file to a table of the same name as the one that was deleted. My objective is to schedule a macro to run at regular intervals automatically. Ideally, I'd like to have this macro run during the night or on weekends. The Access DB is located on a network drive so I won't have to be logged in to have this run?? How do I set this macro up? All help is greatly appreciated !!

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
As long as you have the database open AT ALL TIMES then you can have a form open on that database and use it's Timer() event.

Last edited:

Bob Thornton

Local time
scheduled macro

What happens if I don't have the database open? Let's say I want this to run at 3 in the morning or at a time when I'm not at work??

Thanks!

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Then, it won't run.

IMO

Now Known as ___
Local time
You could create a new db with a 'Make Table Query' (which makes the table in your current db), and form which runs your macro on opening. Set the form to open on startup and set the form timer to "Quit" the database after 1min (or however long it takes to run your macro). Then place the new db in the Windows Scheduler.

IMO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom