Can't remove "#deleted" from a field - Access complains 'Record is Deleted' (1 Viewer)

RSIboy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:49
Very wierd...

I have a 'customer' table with an 'address' field, that is free text & not linked to anything. I was messing around with a recordset created from the table, and somehow the address field in the customer table for my first record now shows as "#deleted"

If I open the table in datasheet view, i am able to overwrite the address field, but as soon as I move to another record, access complains 'Record is deleted' and reverts the address field to "#deleted".

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Dale
Manchester, UK

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
RSIboy said:
I have a 'customer' table with an 'address' field, that is free text & not linked to anything.

You should split the address field up into the separate components of an address i.e. Address1, Address2, Address3, Address4, PostCode instead of one field for the address.

I was messing around with a recordset created from the table, and somehow the address field in the customer table for my first record now shows as "#deleted"

If I open the table in datasheet view, i am able to overwrite the address field, but as soon as I move to another record, access complains 'Record is deleted' and reverts the address field to "#deleted".

It looks like your database has become corrupted. Goto Tools -> Compact and Repair and ensure your database has been compacted and repaired.

If the problem still persists, create a new database and import all your objects into this new database.

RSIboy

Registered User.
Local time
That was it - cheers!

I'll know to look out for that in future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom