problem opening database on another computer (1 Viewer)

M

marysan

:confused:
I have an access database with all of my customers. I just got a new gateway computer, networked it to my old computer and am trying to move my database from the old computer to the new. I copied the file, go to open it on the new computer and my first error message is "Opening file C:\Mar\ Mydocuments\Clearview. mdb The file may not be safe if it contains code that was intended to harm your computer. Do you want to open or cancel?

I press open, the 2nd error message is "Your microsoft access database or project contains a missing or broken refrence to the file "IKBUTTON.OCX" version 1.0. *to ensure that your database works properly you must fix this refrence.

I press ok, the database opens but I cannot add additional orders to customers.

Please help. I know nothing about what is going on!!
:(

trucktime

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:59
To get rid of the first message:
go to Tools/Macro/Security and set it to low if you wish.

Then go to Tools/ActiveXControls and check if IKBUTTON.OCX is there.
You may need to Register it if it is there, or transfer it from your old computer into the Windows/System32 folder and then register it.

M

marysan

OKAY, I set the security to low, and 1st message does not come up anymore. I went to see if the IKBUTTON.OCX is there. It's not. How do I transfer it from the old computer to the new?

Really appreciate your help.

trucktime

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:59
Control

Try to find it on the old computer, you may have to do a search, may be it is the Windows/system32 folder.
Copy it to your new computer

Then follow these steps (I copied this from the Microsoft Website)

Use this procedure to register an ActiveX control (ActiveX control: A control, such as a check box or button that offers options to users or runs macros or scripts that automate a task. You can write macros for the control in Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications or scripts in Microsoft Script Editor.) that is not included with Microsoft Access.

1. Add the files for the control to your hard disk. For more information, see the documentation that came with the control.
2. On the Access Tools menu, click ActiveX Controls.
3. In the ActiveX Controls dialog box, click Register.
4. In the Add ActiveX Control dialog box, specify a path to the control, and then click OK.
5. Click Close.

Security Use caution when you are adding ActiveX controls to your Web page. ActiveX controls may be designed in such a way that their use could pose a security risk. We recommend that you use controls from trusted sources only.

M

marysan

GREAT GUYS!! It worked. Thanks so much for your help. Mary

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom