Strange behaviour help (1 Viewer)

intrep11

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:54
please can you advise what is going on when i opened my DB it reported it needed a repair when completed

any time i try to run any VB code i get an error
microsoft visual basic
module not found
it then opens the debug window

It feels like some kind of virus but i cant find anything

any ideas where to look its like some code is running that i dont know about somewhere

jimbrooking

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:54
I have seen this on an ill-behaved database I was working on. You might try creating a blank database and importing all the objects (tables, queries, etc.) from the "bad" database.

I assume you've tried compact and repair.

I recall one instance of this was cured when I noticed a report with "Has Object Module" property set to Yes, although there wasn't anything in it (the object module). I set the value to No and that cleared the problem.

This is a difficult problem when it pops up. No real way to tell the cause (that I know of). So I just start trying things until it starts to behave.

Last resort - try exporting all the database objects into text files. (There are VBA scripts available on the web. Google knows where.) If something is corrupt the export may fail at the corrupt object, and that will tell you the object you'll need to discard and recreate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom