Dynamically updating characters typed (1 Viewer)

K

kroeg

I have a form, very basic.. it contains more or less an inventory frontend in which users input computer equipment that we carry in our state dept.

To make this very brief, in my form at the end I have an "Additonal Information" textbox in which users can add additional notes, comments, etc.

As textboxes are constrained to 255 characters, I chose to show an additional textbox directly below the Additional Information textbox, with a control source set to =Len([Additional_Information]) to show users how many characters they have typed.

What I'd like to do though, is make this value dynamically update while the Additional Information textbox is still in focus... so far, all I can get it to do is update once a user has tabbed away from the additional information textbox.

Is there a way to make this update in real-time?

I appreciate any feedback at all.. thanks :)

WayneRyan

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:48
kroeg,

I think this should do it. You can use the OnChange event:

Me.OtherTextBox = Len(Me.TextBox.Text)

Wayne

K

kroeg

Thanks a lot, that did the trick... this also made room to teach me a few new methods to reference controls... Thanks again!

FYI for those in the future wanting to do this, The control I have counting/displaying the text is called "textused" .. the field (textbox) that the control is counting is called "Additional_Information"... this counts the text used in the Additional_Information field in real-time **Thanks Wayne!**

Me.textused = Len(Me.Additional_Information.Text)

That goes in the OnChange event of the Additional_Information textbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom