2 tables - same data (1 Viewer)

samsoniikskv

Local time
Today, 15:23
Hello. I have created 2 tables, 1 table is for EN language and second is for DE language. It's a database with products so there is an ID, Name, Gallery, Description etc...
I duplicated them and now I need sync them.So if I change something in first EN table, it change in DE table too. But not all columns but only few of them. As you can see on image
db.jpg

I need sync ID (now it's automatically generated starting from 1), FGCode. Solutions title, description, videolink will be different in DE table because I need write there german translation. Typeofparts, platforms end other columns is select menu with predefined options to select and I need set there that if user in English table select Typeofparts on Exterior, then automatically in DE table it will be selected Exterior but in DE language so there will be "Außen" , so I need define somewhere a translation or something like that. I'm new in Access, can you help me how can I do that ? Thanks a lot guys

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:23
only 1 table should make the ID as Autonumber, the other table, ID should be Long Integer.
this way you can Edit the other tables ID and sync it with the other.

samsoniikskv

Local time
okey I changed the ID in DE table on long integer. And how can I sync them ?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:23
you can create a Query to Join them (using ID).
But it will not reflect any changes you made in one table.
you will do it manually. Access don't have that feature.

CarlettoFed

Local time
Maybe if you attach the file it would be easier and faster to show you the solution.

samsoniikskv

Local time
Okey I opened Relationship and set a relationship on ID's, and what type of query I need to create ? Select or Update ? Okey I attach a file in minute

db2.png

samsoniikskv

Local time
Here is a file

Attachments

• solutions-template.accdb
    1.5 MB · Views: 109

samsoniikskv

Local time
No there will be another languages, but this is test only, so now we are working only with 2 languages and we want to test it. Because we will import that on website in XML format.

CarlettoFed

Local time
In the attachment you can see a possible solution, of course if it goes well then you have to complete with the masks for inserting the data relating to all the various tables in the database.
In the Relationships window you can see the database structure.

Attachments

• SolutionsNew.mdb
    636 KB · Views: 89

samsoniikskv

Local time
I saw your solution. But I need something like this. I edited my database and you can see it. It's almost working but I need to connect 2 tables and ID's.

If you open it you can see tables, SOLUTION_EN there will be solutions in EN language, so title, desc, youtube link etc will be in English. Type of parts, Platform, Surface finishing and Special requirements is select menu and options are defined in tables. If you open TypeOfPart table, you can see there English translation of options and DE translations too. Surface finishing, special requirements and platform are same, so you can find there DE translations and if you open SOLUTION_DE, in select menu you can see DE options. I created 3 forms. SolutionFormEN, for inputing data to tables in ENGLISH LANGUAGE, ID should be synced with DE table. SolutionFormDE is the same form, but content is in german language, and in 3rd form I merge that forms together with navigation tab, where user can switch between languages. I need to set that if user editing solution in English form and select Type of parts option to Exterior for example then switch to DE language because he want to add german translation, the option in DE translation in Type Of part will be preselected by EN language, but will be in german language "Außen", because now I have to select options in EN and DE language, because options are not synced.

I created Query_EN and Query_DE and that should look final format of XML file. Because first I need to export EN language solutions in XML file and then DE solutions in XML file. So if you open Query_EN and Query_DE you can see columns and rows in final state.

Thank you very much :)

HERE IS LINK TO DB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RxFxMxmGOuzyVRF8InOP3Waz8KelVUZT/view?usp=sharing

CarlettoFed

Local time
A dynamic solution, that is, which can then be extended to other languages as well, is the one I have proposed to you.
It is useless to insist on your way of working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom