Access 2000 suddenly closing (1 Viewer)

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:32
Recently Access has started to suddenly close. Usually when I have been developing although I do not appreas to have lost anything as I Save, Save, Save all the time. Last week I had a report that a live access 2000 is doing the same thing. Users are in the middle of entering data and suddenly the database is gone, with no messages. They can re-open the database and continue.

Anyone else experiencing this problem with Access 2000?

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 06:32
My first guess is that it may be a network issue. The second would be that you may have some code floating around that didn't get deleted when you deleted a control, etc.

At any rate my first question would be how do you have the system set up? Do have the backend tables on a server and the frontend deployed on each workstation?

Also I would start a log to see if the error is isolated to one workstation or user, etc. to try and pattern the issue...

Hope this helps a little,

ken :)

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
kenHigg

The live db is FE/BE with the BE on a network. I always compile my dbs and I am careful removing controls re: orphaned code (een developing in access since V1).

I keep all FE/BE on my development server and the problem isn't restricted to one db noe FE or BE.

I was talking to one of our technical people and I decided to keep a log just in case it software that closes down all running applications before updating.

Dennis

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 06:32
Can you re-deploy a prior version of your fe to a machine and see what happens?

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
Unfortunately not, as I just restructured the db (both FE and BE).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom