Question Access 2010 database problems with expanding size (1 Viewer)

livmun

Local time
Today, 12:05
Hi,
I have recently converted an mdb database to an accdb database. I am using Access 2010.
My database is a split database and it contains a lot of data, the back end is normally about 50MB and the front end is normally about 10MB. We have about 30 users accessing the database at any one time, not necessarily to make changes, just to view the records. Since we converted the files the front end keeps exploding and just grows and grows and grows. It's only when we kick everyone out and compact it that it goes back down. Before converting to accdb it worked fine.
Does anyone know a way I can fix this? I've read it might be due to querydef (?) or temporary files (?) but I'm not sure what that means or what my next move should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:05
your front end should only contain queries, forms, reports and modules so should not be changing is size. In addition, each user should have their own copy of the front end - sounds like this is not the case.

Ideally the front end should also be compiled to a .accde

Certainly temporary tables can cause the front end to bloat - ideally these should be in a separate temporary db which is deleted at the end of each session. If located in the front end and each user is creating them, there is a risk that the first users temporary table will be replaced by another user.

But these issues would have had the same impact in the .mdb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom