Access 2010 growing pains (1 Viewer)

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Today, 16:25
Hey all,

Just converted over to Access 2010 and there are a few things that I can't figure out.

I use dual monitors for design and the 2nd monitor is for the code window and properties panel. I can't figure out how to get it to use the 2nd monitor. I can resize the program window all the way to the right but that's not desirable because some menu buttons get caught between the 2 monitors, plus, the code window still opens up in the first monitor covering up everything else. As far as I recall I didn't have to do anything with Access 2000 to get it to work over both monitors.

Secondly, when you want to design an existing form/report/query it seems the only way is to right click it in the list and choose design. The design icon in the top menu is grayed out.

Thanks for the help.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:25
The code window still opens up in the first monitor covering up everything else. As far as I recall I didn't have to do anything with Access 2000 to get it to work over both monitors.
Just drag the code window to the other monitor and maximise. Access will remember this for next time
Secondly, when you want to design an existing form/report/query it seems the only way is to right click it in the list and choose design. The design icon in the top menu is grayed out.
correct. Renaming is slightly different as well. you could just click on the name and rename, same as in windows explorer. Now you right click and select rename

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom