Access 2010, old database window format (1 Viewer)

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Today, 00:44
I miss the old database window format of Access 2000 with the tabs for tables, queries, forms, reports, etc. In 2010 I have to scroll top to bottom when I am switching between queries, reports, etc. and it's time consuming and hard to find my place because there are so many of each. Is there any way to format it the old way with tabs?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:44
nearest you can get is to click on the dropdown at the top of the navigation window and select an option from there.

You have other options as well such as grouping (so you could for example put all forms, tables, queries relating to one thing in a group) or view all objects alphabetically regardless of type

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:44
Are you looking for something like this? It's an add-in Database window for ACCESS 2007 and for Access 2010/2013.

Code:
http://www.avenius.de/index.php?Produkte:DBC2007

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Today, 00:44
That is what I was looking for. Almost perfect but it seems that anytime you open or design any Access object the window disappears and needs to be reopened from the button on the toolbar. The only other option is to put it in modal but then it stays on top of everything.

Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom