Access 2010 rectangle issues (1 Viewer)

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Yesterday, 22:57
Hey all, please see the attached Access 2010 database.

Notice how in the form, the 4 rectangles are a border width of hairline, 1pt, 2pt and 3pt respectively, but the first 3 look identical and the borders almost look gray even though black is the color.

However, when drawing lines, you can see while hairline and 1pt look the same, it still looks much more pronounced than the rectangle border, and there is a difference between 1pt, 2pt and 3pt lines.

Is this a bug in Access 2010 or does anyone know a way around it short of making a rectangle out of 4 lines?

Thanks

Attachments

• Database2.accdb
    404 KB · Views: 79

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:57
Hmm, never noticed that but never tried to make a rectangle out of 4 lines when in fact there is a rectangle shape you can use. So, while it might be considered a bug why not just use the shape? Because it's not most likely to ever get fixed.

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Perhaps you misunderstood my explanation of the problem. The problem actually IS with the rectangle shape. I am finding that the only solution to the problem is to make a rectangle using 4 lines. If you look at the sample I had attached you will see what I mean.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Yep, you're right... I got that backwards. You want to use the rectangle but it's misbehaving. Well, then, yep, you're going to have to use the lines because, as I stated, it may be a bug but I'm now pretty sure not going to get fixed in my lifetime... I asked someone but still asking around...

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Well, I think I found a work around, at least it worked for me...

Change the Border to any other color, like red or blue, then turn back to black. It then recognizes the Border Width... weird.

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Well, it seems that all you need to do is change the color to the name "Text Black" and that fixes it. For some reason using hex color #000000 does not turn out right. When I changed the hex color to the closest thing to black without actually being black (#010000) it also worked.

Thanks!

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Great minds think alike... so glad it works!

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:57
I have not looked, but what it might be is that until you pick a specific colour, your rectangle follows a "theme". such as you get with other controls.

See if your dbs is set to "windows themed controls", and is so, untick that, and see if it makes a difference

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
See if your dbs is set to "windows themed controls", and is so, untick that, and see if it makes a difference
Yep, that was the problem. Once I unchecked that all of the rectangle properties were like they should be.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom