Access 2016 crashes (1 Viewer)

Programming

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:17
access crashes when I try to open the code builder. Please any help .
I tried to do the following
o decompile your database, follow these steps:
"
From Windows Explorer, locate where your Access program is installed by searching for MSACCESS.EXE. If you have multiple versions of Access installed on your machine, you need to identify the path to the Access version you want.
From the Windows, Start, Run command line, type: msaccess.exe /decompile where msaccess.exe includes the complete path. For example, the 32-bit version of Access 2016 is commonly installed here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE /decompile
From Access open the database you want to decompile (with trusted authority for Access 2003 or later)
Open up any module. Compile it via Debug, Compile.., then File, Save.
Go back to the database and Compact it. The location of the Compact command varies by Access version.
"
But when I try to open any module it crashes again.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:17
Try importing all object to New db.

Programming

Registered User.
Local time
same problem if I open a new db with new tables and forms.

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Are the new tables and forms blank/rebuilt or did the new ones contain data/information from prior db? Sometimes crash can be due to a piece of data or a calculation.

Another thing to try is Repair Office by going to add remove programs, locate Microsoft Office and click on Modify, there should be a repair option.

Programming

Registered User.
Local time
all situations. new one that I build- has data or not. even I tried to see if it will open for the template but did not.

I tried to Repair Office , I even uninstalled and installed again.

I opened my database on a different computer and it worked.

Now what would my computer have against vba access?? I was working find yesterday.

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Maybe there is a patch or dll that is different/corrupted on your computer than the others? Not sure how to fix if that is the issue.

Programming

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you .

I tried to trace back what was the last thing that I did yesterday on my computer to find out that VBA is not working the next day.
I can not understand this , but yesterday I changed the language setting on my laptop from English to Arabic so that Msgbox can show me messages in Arabic and not convert them to question marks.

Access stopped allowing me to open vba because I changed the Region setting from (English US ) to Arabic and because I put a tick next to
"beta :use unicode UTF-8 from worldwide laguages"

basically I got a big problem because I was trying to solve a small problem.

Anyway , It is working now after I removed the tick and made the default language English.

I am new in working with VBA , but this is a strange reason.
All this dram , wasted a whole day for me not allowing me working on my project.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 12:17
Now you've reverted to English again, try my suggested message box replacement solution from the other thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom