Access, Access Database on Mac or Android ? (1 Viewer)

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Today, 09:37
quick question

how would i get a access 2010 database on mac and even android

have googled the android and said as access is windows it wont work but maybe go the web based route,

As always any help or pointers much appreciated

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
for a mac you can create a virtual drive and install windows - then work as usual. Also found this link a while back - no idea if it will work or not https://www.codeweavers.com/products, doesn't look like it works for android. And so far as I know, android does not support virtual drives

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:37
Citrix is about the only universal option. You can host the Citrix server on your own LAN and that allows both LAN and remote connections to the application. Or, you can use a third party to host Citrix for you but that requires every user to connect via Citrix.

With Citrix (or Remote Desktop which is Windows only), the application lives and runs on the server. Citrix and RD run in your browser and display pictures of what is happening on the server and sends your keystrokes to the app to allow you to control it.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
or Remote Desktop which is Windows only
No it's not. Will also run from Apple devices - see this link

and android devices

and Chrome devices

think perhaps you mean Terminal Server (which is windows) and which you would remote desktop into?

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:37
Thanks for the links, CJ_London. I've been receiving several calls a day for the past week from clients who want to access their Access application from home, as their physical office is either shut or will be shut down soon for obvious reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom