Access Closes - reopens with blank message boxes... (1 Viewer)

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:41
Hi,

Every time I re-open Access 2010 it pops up stating the following with a blank text box:

"[Forms]![Frm_system]![sub_frm_invoices].[form]![invoice_id"

I hit ok and the usual invoice_id param text box message box appears again.

Once that is over, I gain access. I can browse to the form - frm_system, open the sub-form sub_frm_invoices and remove the invoice_id field. Once I re-add it everything works fine (until I close the application).

I initially thought it was because the database was set to "compact on close" but I disabled that and it is still occuring - any thoughts would be appreciated?

EDIT-> I know this is the cause but as the sub-form itself uses a table record-source I know the field exists - not to mention I can simply delete and re-add it to fix it temporarily.

This behavior occurs when a field, a criteria, an expression, or a control in a query, a form, or a report references a name that Access cannot find. For example, a name could be misspelled or a field may not be available within that scope.
EDIT->Basically it looks like the textbox displaying the invoice_id on the form is the problem. I can't figure out why though. When I remove it everything works - the queries work if I recreate it as well...Grrr

EDIT AGAIN -> Looks like running the database performance checks has fixed it. Will review it all again tomorrow. Sorry if this post has ended up just spamming :( I assume it is one of those "access" things.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom