Access Crashes/Corrupts - what else to do? (1 Viewer)

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:18
Hi,

I have been developing an increasing complex access database. It doesn't have a whole heap of data in it yet but ranges in size from 6mb-30mb depending on when I run the Repair/Compact database utility.

It really isn't huge at around 25 tables, 60 queries, 15 forms, 15 reports. I need to add a lot more forms and reports and that was what I was doing today when I began encountering a problem.

The main issue seems to have started after I added two new buttons to a form - these open two new forms (both a copy of an old form which I needed to expand)..anyway I can open the database and complete what seems to be random tasks but eventually Access always Crashes and tries to recover...

I have ran the Repair/Compact, I have ran the database optimiser utility but I am completely out of ideas. I know Access is unreliable sometimes but I am wondering if there is anything else I can look at before I consider abandoning access in favour of another tool?

I've spent a lot of time on this and I am happy with it - just need to figure out the reliability issues if I can. I am heading home soon so I am interested to discover whether or not the same problems occur on another PC. I am using Access 2010.

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:18
well after trying to re-open in 5-10 times I did a google and came across this - run cmd prompt and type the path to your database followed by /decompile

Code:
c:\test.accdb /decompile
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...n/d2bf6175-075a-4a12-a2b1-f55d40af271b?page=1

EDIT - > pr2_eugin - thanks for the reply, I only saw it after posting this but I am hopeful this will have solved my issue. Many thanks

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 17:18
No problem ! Glad you have it solved ! Good Luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom