Access Database stuck when I open it and try to close it. (1 Viewer)

Abeetan

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:25
Hello,

I have been stuck on this issue for the past couple of weeks. I have tried everything to resolve the problem I don't know what more I could do to tackle exactly what is causing the problem. This post is a follow-up to a post I made a few weeks ago. I have removed all the sensitive data and uploaded the database here.

1642844565263.png

Please let me know what do you think is causing this issue. The database is not split, I removed all security restrictions that I had, I even started a new database and imported the tables, forms, and queries. This appears to happen when i open the database and open the forms, the forms are causing the database to remain open and stuck as seen in the image above. To access the database again I have to go to task manager and end task for MS Access then I can open the database again. This keeps happening.

Attachments

• Trial Database - No data.accdb
    5.4 MB · Views: 277

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:25
Hi. Can't download your file at the moment. Are you automating Access at all? For example, are you using something like OpenDatabase or OpenCurrentDatabase?

Sent from phone...

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:25
i don't see any problem with it.

Attachments

• Trial Database - No data.accdb
    1 MB · Views: 286

Abeetan

Local time
Hi. Can't download your file at the moment. Are you automating Access at all? For example, are you using something like OpenDatabase or OpenCurrentDatabase?

Sent from phone...
Not at all. Just plain old Access

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:25
which version did you run?
the one i uploaded is the "repaired" version (by Stellar Access Repair V.7)

Abeetan

Local time
which version did you run?
the one i uploaded is the "repaired" version (by Stellar Access Repair V.7)
The same file. I didn't change a thing. I just transferred it via usb and ran it on my other PC.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 21:25
Hello,

I have been stuck on this issue for the past couple of weeks. I have tried everything to resolve the problem I don't know what more I could do to tackle exactly what is causing the problem. This post is a follow-up to a post I made a few weeks ago. I have removed all the sensitive data and uploaded the database here.

View attachment 97720

Please let me know what do you think is causing this issue. The database is not split, I removed all security restrictions that I had, I even started a new database and imported the tables, forms, and queries. This appears to happen when i open the database and open the forms, the forms are causing the database to remain open and stuck as seen in the image above. To access the database again I have to go to task manager and end task for MS Access then I can open the database again. This keeps happening.
I can open it no problem, and I'm on 2007 :)
However your pic is of a BE not a non split DB?

Abeetan

Local time
I can open it no problem, and I'm on 2007 :)
However your pic is of a BE not a non split DB?
Yes, the database was split before so I thought the issue was because of that then I put it back together only to find out that the issue persists.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well you appear to have eliminated that as an issue?
Try a repair of Office?

Abeetan

Local time
Hello Everyone!

I finally think I have found the problem here!

This post refers to my issue

Apparently, when I hit the "x" close button I think that access is closed but in fact, it's running in the background which causes the "Freezing" or "stuck" mode because access is open so when I double click to open it nothing happens.

How can I solve this issue?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
So does anything in that thread apply to you?

Abeetan

Local time
So does anything in that thread apply to you?
I am facing the same problem but the solutions presented do not apply to me. Apparently, I may have to introduce some sort of VBA code to make sure all the pop-up forms, and other forms are closed when I click the close button.

Abeetan

Local time
I just discovered that it's happening to all my access files on my PC. Do you think it's a setting I can change in my options menu?

Abeetan

Local time
Can I just uninstall it and reinstall it again?
would my files be deleted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom