Access form fills out the whole screen (1 Viewer)

Michael.Koppelgaard

Local time
Today, 13:56
Hi I'm Michael and new in Access.

I want a form to fill out part of the screen, but it fills out the whole screen.
In the properties of the form I set
Autoresize = No
Fit to screen = No
Width = 10cm

Any suggestions to what could be the problem?

Best Michael

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:56
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 04:56
Hi I'm Michael and new in Access.

I want a form to fill out part of the screen, but it fills out the whole screen.
In the properties of the form I set
Autoresize = No
Fit to screen = No
Width = 10cm

Any suggestions to what could be the problem?

Best Michael
Access offers two display modes. Tabbed Documents and Overlapping Windows. Tabbed documents occupy the entire screen. Overlapping Windows can be sized to whatever dimensions you need.

Go to File --> Options --> Current Database and select the Document Window Option you prefer.

Michael.Koppelgaard

Local time
Today, 13:56
Access offers two display modes. Tabbed Documents and Overlapping Windows. Tabbed documents occupy the entire screen. Overlapping Windows can be sized to whatever dimensions you need.

Go to File --> Options --> Current Database and select the Document Window Option you prefer.
That was just what I needed - THANKS :) :) I selected "Overlapping windows"

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Some of us like the Old School overlapping windows; others swear by tabbed documents. Nice to have the choice.

Continued success with the project.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome. I moved your thread out of the introductions forum since it had technical content.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:56
Pet peeve - you can't hot switch between the views. I don't mind tabbed view for the user but for me, the developer, it is a PITA since it is not possible to look at two objects side by side when you are debugging. Somehow I find myself with the form, and multiple queries open as I'm debugging. My short term memory doesn't lend itself with having to see only one of them at a time when I'm checking numbers.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Pet peeve - you can't hot switch between the views. I don't mind tabbed view for the user but for me, the developer, it is a PITA since it is not possible to look at two objects side by side when you are debugging. Somehow I find myself with the form, and multiple queries open as I'm debugging. My short term memory doesn't lend itself with having to see only one of them at a time when I'm checking numbers.
Same here. Especially when you're debugging and details between two forms are critical. It's easy enough to miss them even when they are both visible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom