Access Jobs (1 Viewer)

modest

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:34
I'd like to see a section dedicated to people willing to pay for access projects, or people who can post positions open for employment at their company.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yesterday, 19:34
This has been tried before - and a lot of the programmers got stitched up .

but good luck to you on this

regards

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 03:34
Hmmm

Yes definately think that both employment opportunities and Contract tasks would be worth while.

Appreciate GaryPanic's comment as well but would say that whenever you take on a task for reward it is up to the individual to safeguard themselves in terms of payment.

I hate the stitch up merchants as much as anybody else but as they say at an Auction buyer beware or in thses cases Contractor Beware

L

GaryPanic

Local time
Hey I am all for it
great to have a point of reference for people who are up for this
divid it into countries / area
so one for Stateside probably makes more sense to do this by states
and one for the Brits say north/east/south /west

(not intended to leave out the rest of Europe /canada or the rest of the world )

co's i know i get stuck on a lot of stuff and to be able to poiunt a project to soeone who knows what they are doing rather than a bodger like me - would be most helpful

I am going to be asked to go on a steering meeting soon about systems and the ability to be able to point towards a professional would be great - even if i recommend a in houise build or getting a Access programmer in to do the job properly - having one local (Kent/London ) would be great

GaryPanic

Local time
hows the job hunting going Len - any success ??

modest

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:34
There are auction sites on the net, but I was thinking something a little less formal. Or even a place to put a link to those auction sites. There could be several categories from this:

(1) Employers looking for full-time IT/Database employees - this includes people who know that their company is hiring
(2) Employers looking for contractual employees for long-term use
(3) Employers looking for short-term employees to complete projects on a per-unit basis

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 03:34
This would be a good idea.

As to being stitched there are business practices you can employ that may limit that.

1, I don't work for any company who are unwilling or evasive when asked to disclose there company details when first asked.
2, PO Box company addresses are NOT exceptable as a business address .
3, Check the whois for the companies site.
4, You can ask for a deposit form new clients if they are above board then they may just see it as confirmation of contract.
5, for larger works create a schedule of payments if they don't pay on time continually for works then put the project on hold and move to another then they may have to wait until you complete the project you moved to (you can include that in an agreement when the client employs you for any works).

a lot of companies don't like using the above as they think it will scare clients away but my answer to that is if the client is a professional company they will be used to those sort of terms within contracts and may even give you a few extra brownie points as using contracts/Agreements correctly laid out can give both parties peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom