Access locks up when opening Tables interactively (1 Viewer)

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:16
Over the past few weeks, my main work database has developed a problem where it locks up when opening table interactively. The problem occurs with both Access native tables and SQL server linked tables. It does not happen when things are running without user interaction.

Repairing the database just causes it to lockup. Creating a new database and importing everything did not fix the problem.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:16
Sounds like record locking, especially if it only happens when other users are involved?
Very unusual for SQL tables to just lock. New query/trigger etc doing something a bit differently?

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
This happens when there are no other users in the access database. As this happens with access native tables as well as sql tables, I assume that problem is on the access side.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:16
This happens when there are no other users in the access database. As this happens with access native tables as well as sql tables, I assume that problem is on the access side.
Have you done a "Compact and Repair"

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:16
Have you set the database to "Exclusive Access=No"? (File >> Options >> CurrentDatabase and then scroll down a bit.)

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
I don't see that option. I did uncheck "Name Autocorrect".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom