Access Old Version (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 04:15
I still am not able to find the version of my very old db. Every time I google it, all that comes up is how to find the current version of access on my machine.
anybody got a clue/

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 01:15
You can go to the vba project and View immediate window, and ask it: ?application.version [then press Enter]

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Can you post a copy of your db? Maybe someone can look it up for you.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
...all that comes up is how to find the current version of access on my machine.
Hmm, isn't that basically what you just found out too? I'm confused. I thought you wanted to know the version of your Access file (MDB/ACCDB), and not your Access program (EXE).

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Ahh, dbGuy, you may be right. In that case I was probably the one confused or reading too fast and you weren't. 😂

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Glad you found what you needed!

If you need more details, There is a function on this page
(scroll to the second major block of code on that page) which gets more detailed.
You lost me. I have on the top portion my VBA and after clicking view >immediate, and entering ?application.version got my answer. Where do I go from here?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
You lost me. I have on the top portion my VBA and after clicking view >immediate, and entering ?application.version got my answer. Where do I go from here?
The post (of mine) that you quoted was me thinking you wanted the application version - but now I am thinking dbGuy is probably right.
You actually want to know what version that specific database file was originally created as/in, NOT just the current Access version on your computer...right? If so, then please disregard my posts on the matter, as they would be incorrect.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Now I read too fast. dbGuy is right. Of course that is the version of my machine. I have Office 365 and that of course is 16. The old DB is what I want the version off. I know it is a much older version as the close X is up right instead of over the file, table, form etcs.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:15
In the Immediate Window
Code:
? CurrentProject.FileFormat

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
In the Immediate Window
Code:
We have lift off.
I am not sure I was alive yet. :) While I have you on the phone, is there anything I have to be aware of converting it to 16?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:15
While I have you on the phone, is there anything I have to be aware of converting it to 16?
That is Access 2000. My first use was 2003.

Sorry I don't know if you should anticipate any problems. I think there are problems with even earlier versions where you need an intermediate version of Access that still has the awareness of the really early versions.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
is there anything I have to be aware of converting it to 16?
Maybe goes without saying, but convert a copy - not the only one you have. Sometimes code will break because newer versions seem to be more particular about sloppy syntax. Also, watch out for any issues re 64 bit in the new version and API's, or old calendar ocx that probably won't work.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Maybe goes without saying, but convert a copy - not the only one you have. Sometimes code will break because newer versions seem to be more particular about sloppy syntax. Also, watch out for any issues re 64 bit in the new version and API's, or old calendar ocx that probably won't work.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom