ACCESS PROBLEM (1 Viewer)

Hussein

Local time
Today, 07:21
Hello members, I have been encountering these two distinct problems for quite a while now, what could be the probable cause and suggested solution?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-24 at 10.06.47 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-24 at 10.06.47 AM.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 248
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-24 at 10.06.48 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-24 at 10.06.48 AM.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 314

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:21
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:21
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

My guess is it may be corrupt (as the error message say). Do you have a backup copy?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:21
are you sure you are showing the right macro? error in your first image is about opening a database, whilst macro is about opening a form. And the error code shown there (3197) is "Run-Time Error '3197' The Microsoft Access database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time."

I've also heard but not confirmed that the 3197 error can occur with a corrupted memo/long text field or OLE object and since multi value fields operate on the same principle probably those as well (These are all stored in separate hidden tables from the 'main table'). So it may be a specific record or two are causing the issue. Does the form you are opening have any of these features?

I don't use macros so can't help with that but

1. is the error repeatable - i.e. if you run you macro a second time does it work ok? or run it with different parameters does it fail or work?
2. can you open the table/query used by the form you are opening from the navigation window without a problem? In particular for the records that are called by your macro openform
3. ditto for the form you are opening
4. although you are using macros, probably worth decompiling as well - see this link how to do it http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftaccess/performance/decompile.asp
5. have you compact/repaired? if not, take a copy and compact repair that and see if it solves the problem

Sarah.M

Local time
Today, 10:21
Hello members, I have been encountering these two distinct problems for quite a while now, what could be the probable cause and suggested solution?
plz check and Make sure the language of your Windows OS is identical to the language of Microsoft Access

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom