Solved Access Query to Existing Formatted Excel Spreadsheet (1 Viewer)

allen675

Local time
Today, 14:11
Helloooooooooo,

The title pretty much says all! I have an Excel Spreadsheet (SS) that the directors have put together in a format they are happy with (please see attached). Lets say I have a table with all the information needed for the SS plus a few little extras that I have added PLUS a Query which only contains the information required for the SS. I am fairly new to VBA so not something I feel I can write myself. Essentially I need the code to get the info from the Query to the SS. Please assume that all fields in the DB are the same as the SS. I plan to store the SS under the DB i.e. in the DB & SS in same folder.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• EXAMPLE SS.pdf
    192.9 KB · Views: 85

allen675

Local time
Thanks for your prompt response.

I've read through the website you sent and to be honest I really don't know what option applies. Although I am happy to experiment with pre written code I really would like my hand held on this one and what would be really useful is if I could see an example/code that relates to the spreadsheet uploaded.

Regards

allen675

Local time
Thanks for your prompt response.

I've read through the website you sent and to be honest I really don't know what option applies. Although I am happy to experiment with pre written code I really would like my hand held on this one and what would be really useful is if I could see an example/code that relates to the spreadsheet uploaded.

Regards
Scrap that might have just missed it, I'm going to fourth option on that link. I'll let you know how I get on 👍

allen675

Local time
Brilliant thank you @June7 that worked a treat. Now a couple of questions if I may please?

Is there anyway to reference the current project file path for this line rather than including a file path. Ultimately this DB will be distributed to the team and I need a universal place for the SS to live i.e. as per my first post?

Code:
Set xlw = xlx.Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\David\Desktop\Unbiased ADB\UnbiasedTracker")

Also would it be possible for the code to then take the update workbook and attach it to an email to then send to the directors?

Regards,

David

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:11
Use CurrentProject.Path & "\" to get the path to the running VBA project.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
That topic add attachments has been asked many times here. Search for it, or look at Similar threads at the bottom of your post for that issue, so make a new post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom