Access Run-Time 2016 Refference libraries (1 Viewer)

packa

Local time
Today, 16:59
I have been working on small project which should automate gathering specific information from web. For webscraping purpose I have been using selenium library reference with chrome webdriver and it works pretty well on my personal computer. I would like to share this tool with my team, but unfortunatly we are able to use only Access Run Time on our workstations and ofcourse due this database returns error when function is excecuted: "A problem occured while Microsoft Access was communicating with OLE server or ActiveX Control".
I tried to replicate the same environment as on my personal computer (Selenium Basic and chrome webdriver setup), used late binding to avoid neccesity of turning on Selenium Library, but no improvement.
My question, is there a workaround on using such library on Access Runtime or a way to troubleshoot whats the root cause of the crash?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:59
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

My guess is some CreateObject() code are blocked in a Runtime environment. Are you using any of them?

packa

Local time
Today, 16:59
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

My guess is some CreateObject() code are blocked in a Runtime environment. Are you using any of them?
Hi. Yes, I used them for late binding. Ex.:
Instead of
Dim ch as Selenium.ChromeDriver
used this
Dim ch As object
Set ch = CreateObject(“Selenium.ChromeDriver”)
I couldn’t find anything else on forums helpful with not standard libraries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom