Access Runtime Error (1 Viewer)

waseem0888

Local time
Today, 08:04
I have modern charts which is working fine on MS office full version users. But when open in access runtime 2013 the charts shows blank and when i try to select the date from the Combobox for charts it shows below error on after update event to chart requery.

Private Sub cmbDate_AfterUpdate()
Me.Monthly_Chart.Requery
End Sub

it gives the below error

Execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error​

The application can't continue and will be shut down​

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:04
all i can say is that runtime version is but a subset of the full version
therefore has some limitations.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
presume your full version is also 2013?

what happens if a user with a full version changes the file type to .accdr (which emulates runtime)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:04
For your Office Full Version users, what version are they using? Ac2013 or Ac2019 or AC365?

IF your full version users are on 2019 or 365 you are probably using "modern" charts. AC2013 (full or runtime) was created before modern charts were available and do not understand the references to it.

IF you can get to the Windows event logs (Run evtmgr by clicking the Run button at lower left and enter that name), you can see the system events on that machine. If you know at what time the session crashed, you can scroll through the event logs for that time/date. The events are presented in chronological order. If you can find the crash event, you might be able to find a more specific error code and some other information about what actually happened.

waseem0888

Local time
@CJ_London
For the working users, they are using the office 365 full version. Other users are using the 2013 license version but ms access is not available in their package so they were using access runtime 2013 earlier my charts were in old charts so it was working fine now I changed them to modern. I have checked in the 2016 runtime but the problem is the same.
I am also using 365 full version on my machine I changed the file to .accdr and its opens in runtime but the problem in runtime was the same with error.

@The_Doc_Man

I have checked the windows event logs I didn't find any crashes related to Ms access.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If old charts work and modern don’t then implies there is something not working in runtime - might be something in your code, might be a missing reference.

if you can’t resolve suggest put back to old charts

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom