Access update to Sharepoint: You cannot reference rows created when you are disconnected from the server ... (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 03:53
I'm trying to run an update query. below is my sql. I am getting the below error message. Based on research/reading I have done so far, the consensus is that this error has nothing to do with being disconnected from a server. I read Albert's response here https://stackoverflow.com/questions...or-cannot-reference-rows-created-when-you-are and nothing there seems to apply - except for the part about one list looking up another list, I don't quite understand. But, the list I am trying to update only has 150 records in it.

SQL:
UPDATE [FY2020 LRR Validation and Prepopulation] INNER JOIN TopicsAndReg2s ON [FY2020 LRR Validation and Prepopulation].Regulation = TopicsAndReg2s.[Topic Key] SET [FY2020 LRR Validation and Prepopulation].Regulation2 = [topicsandreg2s].[Reg2]
WHERE ((([FY2020 LRR Validation and Prepopulation].Regulation)="Topic Name - test"));

I will say that when I change this Update to a Select, the select runs fine and returns the one single record that I am trying to update. Just one record! And I have checked that on Sharepoint, this record has all its other required fields filled out.

Error: You cannot reference rows created when you are disconnected from the server because this violates the lookup settings defined for this table or list. Please reconnect all tables with the server and try again.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Just thinking out loud, but did you try refreshing the links before running the query?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom