Access VBA: File picker with filters - SAVE AS (1 Viewer)

ironfelix717

Hi,

If you've ever used the msofiledialog object in VBA, you know that is severely lacking one large component, which is the ability to add a filter to the file SAVE AS dialog, which is sad.

Some people tend to think this is possible, which it is not true and I cleared up a lot of confusion that was going around here:
MS Access - File SAVE AS dialog with custom filter

I am writing to see if anyone has solved this issue. I know there are a few ways to prompt for file dialogs in Access VBA. But mso is the easiest method. I would prefer not to have 1000 lines of API code just to open a save dialog with some filters.

Open to hearing ideas.
Thanks!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Hi. Just curious, which "workaround" did you end up using? If your immediate problem is specific to a particular file extension, can I ask which one is it?

ironfelix717

DBGuy,

There is no workaround which is why i've posted here. I know there is API code for this somewhere out there...which i've tried a lot of it and its uselessly outdated. I don't really understand the second question.

This has been discussed here....

And here....

And here....

And here....

Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Hi. Thanks for the update. I asked about the file extension because, for example, if you were only concerned with saving Excel files right now, I was going to suggest using the SaveAs dialog in Excel. Just a thought...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
DBguy,

Can Excel's SaveAs dialog be implemented in Access?
That's where my mind was going, but I didn't pursue it yet pending your answer to my previous question. I was hoping it could be. I actually don't see why you can't. I just haven't tried it yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom