Access WinZip Code for 64 Bit - Written / Revised by Albert D. Kallal. (1 Viewer)

ions

Access User
Local time
Today, 03:09
Hello MS Access Expert,

My new machine came with Office 2019 64 Bit, hence, I have MS Access 2019 64 Bit installed.

My application no longer compiles due to the Declare statements. I have been reading how to make the VBA 64 Bit compliant and it seems to be pretty straight forward if there are only a few declare statements but the Libraries I'm using have numerous Declare Statements and User Defined Types. (I have attached the Modules and Classes that I'm looking for)

I was wondering if these libraries come in 64 Bit compliant code now? The libraries were written / revised by Albert D. Kallal based on the code comments.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Modules.jpg
    Modules.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Classes.jpg
    Classes.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 122

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:09
there is not much to do with what image you posted.
need to know the Actual declaration inside each Module/Classes.

ions

Access User
Local time
I've been doing more research on making VBA 64 Bit compliant.

I downloaded the Win32API_PtrSafe text file from: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/of...e-issues/win32api_ptrsafe-with-64-bit-support

Below is one Declaration I'm using in my code. The above document doesn't have the return value as LongPtr but rather Long. Interesting, I thought all 64 Bit Declarations must replace Long with LongPtr in the return.

Private Declare PtrSafe Function WNetGetUser Lib "mpr.dll" Alias "WNetGetUserA" (ByVal lpName As String, ByVal lpUserName As String, lpnLength As Long) As Long

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I've been doing more research on making VBA 64 Bit compliant.

I downloaded the Win32API_PtrSafe text file from: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/of...e-issues/win32api_ptrsafe-with-64-bit-support

Below is one Declaration I'm using in my code. The above document doesn't have the return value as LongPtr but rather Long. Interesting, I thought all 64 Bit Declarations must replace Long with LongPtr in the return.

Private Declare PtrSafe Function WNetGetUser Lib "mpr.dll" Alias "WNetGetUserA" (ByVal lpName As String, ByVal lpUserName As String, lpnLength As Long) As Long
Hi. You only need to use LongPtr if you're returning a pointer to a memory location.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:09
IIRC, listview and treeview controls won't work in 64bit. If you have any (or whichever ones it is that don't work in 64bit) then you have a bigger issue. Seems like many IT guys hate Access anyway, and given the option, always go for the latest and greatest without any thought. You probably would have done just fine with 32 bit Office.

ions

Access User
Local time
IIRC, listview and treeview controls won't work in 64bit. If you have any (or whichever ones it is that don't work in 64bit) then you have a bigger issue. Seems like many IT guys hate Access anyway, and given the option, always go for the latest and greatest without any thought. You probably would have done just fine with 32 bit Office.

Microsoft now installs Office 2019 in 64 Bit by Default. My new machine from Dell came installed with Office 64 Bit and this will be the trend going forward. I personally don't need any of the 64 Bit features.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:09
Yes, but if IIRC, Access doesn't come with basic office, so you can use Office 64 and Access 32? Not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom