Access - Word document (1 Viewer)

kirsty

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:20
Hi,

I have created a command button on a form which when clicked, opens a word document and inserts relevant text from the current record into bookmarks in the word document.

I am trying to write some code which ensures that the word document is saved as one of the field names on my record.

The type of code I have been using, for example is:-

objWord.ActiveDocument.Close SaveChanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges. (Instead of the DoNotSaveChanges part I would like to force the word document to save as a field on the current record).

Anyone have any ideas?

many thanks in advance,
Kirsty.

bauer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:20
I got this from the Wrox book, VBA 97:

Dim objWord As Word.Application
Dim objDoc As Object

Set objWord = New Word.Application
objWord.Visible = True
Set objDoc = objWord.Documents.Add(filename)

'Code to put in the record at the bookmark

objDoc.SaveAs "filenameroot" & recDonor("LastName")
'where fileNameRoot is the root C:/ etc, and file name, and recDonor("LastName") is a a field that I appended to the file name

objDoc.Close
objWord.Quit

Hope that this helps

Bauer

odun

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:20
Hi, can you highlight the steps you used to open the word document and insert relevent texts from your form into the word document, that's exactly what I need to do, please help.
kirsty said:
Hi,

I have created a command button on a form which when clicked, opens a word document and inserts relevant text from the current record into bookmarks in the word document.

I am trying to write some code which ensures that the word document is saved as one of the field names on my record.

The type of code I have been using, for example is:-

objWord.ActiveDocument.Close SaveChanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges. (Instead of the DoNotSaveChanges part I would like to force the word document to save as a field on the current record).

Anyone have any ideas?

many thanks in advance,
Kirsty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom