Accessing and manipulating sub-form information with VBA (1 Viewer)

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:09
Hello again,

I am working on a point system for items that are checked off in a form. I have five separate subforms within the one daily form and point totals on the bottom. What would be ideal is if when a checkbox is checked it adds one to the appropriate totals field. So here is some information that may help to develop some code.

Forms
Form_FRM_Mon_Challenges - Main form
Sub_MonSTChallenges, Sub_MonSAChallenges, Sub_MonBAChallenges, Sub_MonMALChallenges, FRM_Non_Standard_Actions_subform.

Fields
StartTimeChallengeYes, StartTimeChallengeYNo, ActivityChallengeYes, ActivityChallengeNo, Tab1, Tab2, MonActAcntPts, MonActAchPts.

Also, the "Tab" fields I would like to access and if there is no number in the field then lock the Yes/No checkboxes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Going to bed now (12:50 am), but will get back to this tomorrow. Thanks

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:09
Aggregate data should not be saved, it should be calculated from transaction records.

Might consider Conditional Formatting to disable checkbox per record based on value of another field/control.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Just FYI, I don't think conditional formatting applies to checkboxes.

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
I tried this, but it doesn't work, but I think something like this might. Maybe some pro's out there can help tweak this to work. If I can get it to work in one subform, then I should be able to get it to work in all of them.

Private Sub StartTimeChallengeYes_Click()

If Me.ActivityChallengeYes = True Then

Form_FRM_Mon_Challenges.MonActAcntPts.Value = Form_FRM_Mon_Challenges.MonActAcntPts.Value + 1
Form_FRM_Mon_Challenges.MonActAchPts.Value = Form_FRM_Mon_Challenges.MonActAchPts.Value + 1
Else
Form_FRM_Mon_Challenges.MonActAcntPts.Value = Form_FRM_Mon_Challenges.MonActAcntPts.Value - 1
Form_FRM_Mon_Challenges.MonActAchPts.Value = Form_FRM_Mon_Challenges.MonActAchPts.Value - 1

End If

End Sub

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom