Acrobat stamp to be filled out with check boxes/radio buttons, name and date (1 Viewer)

kilroyscarnival

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:07
Hello all,

At the office we have Acrobat X/XI (varies by desk) and Reader. I don't think anyone has Pro or DC.

I'm looking for a relatively easy way to take an old (literal) rubber stamp and make it fillable as a form to be stamped into an existing document. I've watched some tutorials on "dynamic" stamps but those seem to be filled out with a single identity and date/time stamp that is auto-populated. I'm looking to add a little box with some text, four radio buttons (basically, approved, revise and resubmit, approved conditionally, and rejected) and a space where the supervisor name and date could be typed in - then sent back to that person who will digitally sign. If there's a good tutorial for this, I'll gladly do the homework. So far the information online seems more suited to either creating an entire page as form or a dynamic stamp I can't get to work for this purpose.

Thanks for any advice. Acrobat forms are not by any means my strong suit, but I can create a form and I can create a stamp. I just can't figure out how to marry those properties together.

Ann

Attachments

• stamp sample.png
    stamp sample.png
    25 KB · Views: 439

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:07
AFAIK the Acrobat library for Access requires that a user have Adobe Acrobat in order to modify a pdf form via Access and will not work with Reader, even if the form can be edited by a Reader user. Perhaps someone knows better, but that's my recollection. You say the users have Reader, so I think you can't do what you want for Reader - only users. If this is for Adobe app users, then you should be able to find the type library and documentation at the Adobe site. You used to be able to.

kilroyscarnival

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks! I have both, and actually I tend to use Reader to fill out forms for my supervisor (type in his name and title, date, and place his signature.) But I don't actually edit the form. I think in Reader I can add a big gray checkbox in any of the boxes. It does sound like I will have to (a) open the document in Acrobat X, place the stamp, and save; then (b) reopen in Reader and check the boxes and add the other data. I was tinkering with that since I posted.

I guess that's something. Sounds like something I will have to do for the other senior engineers, but it's workable.

Wait, correct that -- it actually works entirely in Reader (after having been created in Acrobat X). I can't edit the stamp per se, but I can place it then use Fill & Sign to add checkmarks and insert the text. I did notice when I shrank the stamp down to fit on a doc I just used as an example, the checkmarks I placed afterwards were still regular sized, so I had to drag from the corner to resize those too.

This will work! Thanks for helping me think it through. Now, I have to clean up the earlier versions of the stamp I imported, each with a different box ticked.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:07
Worked out better than I imagined it would. Glad to see you solved it.

kilroyscarnival

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks! I almost posted on another topic yesterday (a COUNTIFS formula in Excel which was giving me issues until I spotted a tiny mistake), but I managed to figure it out. I feel better when I can work it out myself, but for when I can't, there's generally someone here who can see it, or explain how to do it even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom