ACTIVE USER INITIAL SELECT (1 Viewer)

dubiousp

Local time
Today, 02:19
Good morning hope all are well and a good weekend had

I have a running list that is simply a time stamp, note followed by the initals of the person entered at start.. For example Dave D or Chris D when entered as users would populate a query CD and DD or if only Dave D DD would only be avalaible in a combo ... When I run manually the query promps for ID and list works however trying from row source in combo properties it does not

1601895856933.png

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
So show the source for the combo?
Plus a pic of the form perhaps?

That looks backwards to me though? I'd expect the ID of the medic to be in the BASIC record, whatever that is?

dubiousp

Local time
1601897111951.png
1601897216891.png
1601897314748.png

I think its just me not thinking straight

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I would concur.?
The query is based on Basic!ID of the form, so how are you meant to be using the combo14 value which will also only ever be the BASIC!ID of the form?
It is not good practice to just have ID in tables. When you use more than one Access complains.?

The structure looks wrong to me. You have Active_Medic_FK in the Active_Medic table and not the BASIC table? A foreign key should exist in the other table?
The way I read it now is a medic can only have one BASIC record?

dubiousp

Local time
In essance the basic form is the start of entry across all tables/forms once add new on scene has set a new record the next step is to set persons on scene... this could be any number of users from the users list. This table is where say 10 people could be stored,, however at an incident there may be two selected from a combo list.

On the first page you see the active medics,, on logging page depending who is shown will be the populated list of intials but only initials related to those shown at event or incident

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
To do that, surely you need and intermediate table to connect Basic to Active_Medics?

I can't help anymore, sorry, as I cannot grasp how it is meant to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom