Solved Add Barcode To Access Report (1 Viewer)

jo15765

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:27
Does Access 365 have the ability natively to add a barcode to a report? Basically take one of the fields from the query that is the control source of the report and convert it to a barcode?

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 02:27
There is code on the forum to work with a number of barcodes use the search feature you'll see quite a few results

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:27
Mick is correct there are some very good threads within access world forums on barcodes.

I also blog about barcodes on my website here:-

there are also some videos and some useful links.

jo15765

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks @MickJav & @Uncle Gizmo

Those have been very insightful to search and read. I didn't realize there were so many options! I just learned that I need to use the 3by9 barcode, so I am going to revisit some of the threads from search and see if anyone I find specifically uses that barcode.

jo15765

Registered User.
Local time
I've added the 3 of 9 font to my computer, I've opened my access report in design view, added a text box, set the control source of the text box to the ID field, and changed the font size to 14 and font to 3 of 9 Barcode.

When I print preview the report this is what I get ->
1611241783892.png

What am I missing that controls the length & height of this barcode? The text box that is set for this bar code is much larger, see below image ->
1611241829845.png

I just noticed also that when I print the report to PDF the barcode shows up as numerics instead of actually putting the barcode on the pdf?

I tried following this example also, but no barcode displays on my report ->

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom