Question Add New Record - Button (1 Viewer)

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:46
Hi,

Help - My Add New Record button doesn't work....The backstory is a little complicated but essentially this was an Access 95 database that was upgraded through office 2003 to Office 2007 a few years ago (.accdb converted). The database became corrupted post Office 2010 installations a few weeks ago but today I have loaded a restored database onto an XP Machine with Office 2007 and the same issue occurs (ruling out Office 2010 as the cause).

Anyway...I have an Add new record button on the form, it doesn't work with the code:

Code:
DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
This always brings up the message: "You can't go to the specified record.".

I have tried adding a new button to add a record via the wizard, I receive the same results.

I have tested adding a record via the table, that works fine. I really hope there is no corruption and it is vb references or something even simpler...any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 16:46
The button is buil in , its called INSERT.

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
The form navigation button is also "disabled" even though it's property setting is "yes". The record source is a table btw, not a query and the table does have a primary key.

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
Quick addition, if I create a blank form with the same record source I can add a new record....any thoughts? I really don't want to have to recreate this form...probably hundreds of fields,8 tabs and a bunch of search fields.

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Mccluny!

My understanding of your problem is that the master form is not connected to a record source since navigation is disabled. Am I right?

Good day, JLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom