Adding new table to a split database (1 Viewer)

srideout2525

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:46
I have been working with a split database for awhile. I need to add a new table. Well I added a new table. HOW can I update(add and link) that table to the front end of things?

Also..any advice on backup of database when it's split.?

Tay

likes garlic
Local time
Today, 06:46
Go to the File menu on your front end, choose 'Get External Data', then choose 'Link Tables'. You'll get a window come up with files in, find your back end db, select it, then a list of tables will appear. Select the one you want a link to, then press ok. Then it should appear in your front end and be successfully linked. HTH.

srideout2525

Registered User.
Local time
I Tried what was suggested..but when I choose get external data --> link tables... I select the backend of the database, but the table I made does not show????!!!

Need more help :(

srideout2525

Registered User.
Local time
Opps sorry...

IT DID WORK!!!

I was looking at my sample Backend, which didnt have the table ( I guess that's a good enough reason for the table not to show up..when it doesn't)

Thanks Tay for the help!!!

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Today, 06:46
Go to the File menu on your front end, choose 'Get External Data', then choose 'Link Tables'. You'll get a window come up with files in, find your back end db, select it, then a list of tables will appear. Select the one you want a link to, then press ok. Then it should appear in your front end and be successfully linked. HTH.

thanks for this was pulling my hair out trying to get my back end re linked :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom