adding VBA tags to a large pre-populated coding tags list (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 19:36
Jon,

I know we've covered this in one of your other threads, but wouldn't be easy to add VBA tags to this list, which is already many languages long? If there are options in here for such advanced languages like JSON and PHP, why is there not an option for the simple VBA language?

awf_embed_coding_options.jpg

it's available from this dropdown, per CJ London:

awf_code_options.jpg

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:36
I have already enquired about that but no one has replied to me. There is an alternative coding plugin but I am not sure of the implications of using it. e.g. if I add it, use it for a couple of months, but decide to remove it, does it then affect all the code added in the last couple of months, IYSWIM.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
if I add it, use it for a couple of months, but decide to remove it, does it then affect all the code added in the last couple of months, IYSWIM.
well what comes with the plugin, Jon? will the plugin overwrite all the embedded tags that you already have? or is it just an addition? if it is the former, then yes of course there's a risk, unless you can revert everything back to the current software you're using in case of a mistake. but I assume you do have that ability, right?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:36
I don't know. With some of the plugins, forum owners have found when the forum designers software is upgraded, some of the plugins break and cause errors. So I prefer relatively clean plugins. There is this problem with the Solved plugin. I found one which looked great but after a recent forum software update, there are unresolved errors.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I despise plugins, especially for blogging software. I tried a 1st go-round with wordpress, trying to get it to comply with a type of architecture that is required by my website's content but it failed miserably. and I'm not surprised, so I had to ditch it and just write my own. a bit of a learning curve, but doing things from scratch always ensure that you won't run into mistakes that result from a lack of attention to detail, which most large corps and orgs suffer from. I've gotten so sick of that. and as it turns out, doing things on my own doesn't even take up that much more time! not to mention, the extra skills I can pick up doing it. so it's really a win-win.

zeroaccess

Local time
Did you ever make progress on this?

In the meantime, I'm finding NGINX and SQL to be somewhat usable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom