ADDITIONAL RECORDS DO NOT APPEAR (1 Viewer)

dubiousp

Local time
Today, 00:37
I have a few glitches that Im trying to iron out, some report related others tables I beleieve

In the attached db the main form for entering data is BASIC essentially the process starts with new job followed by on scene left of form.. For some reason whilst the data seems to save in the table when I then view in report A4CDM the new records do not appear

I have entered the cmdsave but still no joy

Any help appreciated

Attachments

• aCDM1R211bTAB33111 (1).accdb
    2.3 MB · Views: 101

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:37
There is no need to start a new thread - if this is related to the original thread with the Parameter issue with this database.

dubiousp

Local time
Arh not sure its related but thought I would at least let people know there were a few questions.. I beleive the record save is a seperate issue from the parameter..

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Better to stick with 1 thread where readers can see the interaction/communication in context.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
I have a few glitches that Im trying to iron out, some report related others tables I beleieve

In the attached db the main form for entering data is BASIC essentially the process starts with new job followed by on scene left of form.. For some reason whilst the data seems to save in the table when I then view in report A4CDM the new records do not appear

I have entered the cmdsave but still no joy

Any help appreciated
Hi

See now if the Report A4CDM now runs as expected

Attachments

• aCDM1R211bTAB33111 (1).zip
    239.3 KB · Views: 90

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The query for the report uses an inner join. Records from the "left" table will ONLY be selected when there is a matching record in the "right" table. The join might need to be a Left Join rather than an Inner Join.

@mike60smart
See now if the Report A4CDM now runs as expected
I hate to be critical when someone goes out of their way to help a fellow traveler but you are making dubiousp and the rest of us have to examine the report to figure out what you did to fix the problem. It would be more helpful if you just summarized it for us. I didn't look at your solution because I would have to also look at the original and then compare them which was more time than I was willing to spend. If you fixed the join in the query, please just say so. If your fix went beyond that, please tell us. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom