Adobe Integration Issue (1 Viewer)

kenrav

Local time
Yesterday, 16:20
From within my Access app, I've been able to open, edit, save and close a pdf file using the Adobe Acrobat reference. The app had been running great for several months. Recently, the VBA "Save" command no longer saves the pdf. I have verified this issue on multiple devices and similar Access apps. Adobe Support says they're not at blame. Is anyone aware of a patch, update, etc. from Microsoft (or Adobe) that might be causing this issue?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:20
We have gotten many complaints about closing files in various, sometimes apparently unrelated, ways that derives from a bad MS patch.

That last link opens to a thread that, in the first post, includes a link to an article about the patch that started the mess. It might be possible for you to determine the patch number and open your update history to verify that in fact that patch was applied to your system.

kenrav

Local time
It appears I may have sorted this out. As you may recall, my VBA "Save" command stopped saving newly-edited pdf files sometime recently.

Using two PCs, I tested several configurations and this is what I found:

Fully-updated (Microsoft) + Adobe Acrobat DC (installed 1/12/22): Doesn't work

Fully-updated (Microsoft) + Adobe Acrobat DC 2020: Works fine

Not-recently-updated (Microsoft) + Adobe Acrobat DC 2020: Works fine

As such, I'm of the opinion that the issue is with my latest version (2021.011.20039) of Adobe Acrobat DC.

Thanks for your interest!

kenrav

Local time
After first telling me I needed to upgrade to an Enterprise License (wrong) followed by "it's impossible to roll-back to my previous version" (wrong), I received an email today from Adobe with excellent instructions on rolling-back to my previous version. As expected, all good now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom