Advertisement repeats (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 11:14
Has anyone else see this? I watch YouTube all the time and I also play music sometimes through streams. And I notice lately that when they play advertisement every 10 minutes that I see the same one from the car maker called Ford. It about using their mobile app to schedule car maintenance. And I don't own car! :(

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:14
Yes I have similar experience in receiving adverts which are in no way of interest me, indeed have no relevance to me whatsoever. It's quite comforting actually, it means that their artificial intelligence algorithms are completely out of whack. Mind you, I do deliberately try and mislead them at every opportunity!

conception_native_0123

Local time
Mind you, I do deliberately try and mislead them at every opportunity!

how? the thing I do not understand about what i see is that, like i say i do not own a car. but 2 is that i haver heard same advertisement 21 times in a row!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I pay for YouTube Premium where you don't get any ads. It is about $10pm I think. Considering the number of ads and the amount of YouTube I watch, it is well worth the payment. It is called YouTube Red in the US.

conception_native_0123

Local time
speak of which, i just hear ad for nursing professionals! what?? i not in the medical field!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
PM = per month

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I solve the problem another way. I don't use my phone to browse. I have a computer at home with an Ad Blocker enabled. A few sites call me out on that Ad Blocker saying I can't use their site if I leave my ad blocker enabled. To which my reply is to leave their site because in that case it is clear they are there for the money, not to actually spread whatever other messages they might have had.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:14
The pay youtube is handy in the car, with no commercials while streaming music.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I use Google news to provide me with lists of interesting articles. Occasionally the article does not load the text but just a paywall. The Google news app has a useful feature where I can now say I do not want any more news from that particular site. Hopefully they will get the message.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Speaking of bad advertisement artificial intelligence holy cow cannot believe I just hear 18 times in a row this time..... Advertisement for tourism in missouri! I do not like that state it is in Midwest :(

Maybe they doing this to me because I listen to same 10 songs all day long LOL

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I am originally from Missouri and like a lot a things about the state. Of course I still would annoyed about hearing about it 18 times in a row. Of course local TV has a habit of repeating the same commercials during the time period of one show (sometimes during the same commercial break).

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I pay $10/mo for Pandora premium. It has any music I've ever wanted to hear - on demand, by playlist, or by Station that are very smart and learns your preferences. To me the "original" (pandora) is still better than the 'new' (spotify, etc). In addition to all music, they have a fair amount of podcasts of all kinds, too - variety ranging from, for example: Tucker Carlson to Joyce Meyer to all kinds of Comedy. Pandora has a nice desktop widget for your phone too.

Can't stand using Youtube videos to stream music, honestly. I hate Youtube's behavior - when you lock your phone, the popup player, the ads, the fact that some obnoxious (and sometimes offensive) video is playing unwanted to accompany the music I otherwise did want to hear

conception_native_0123

Local time
I hate Youtube's behavior - when you lock your phone, the popup player, the ads, the fact that some obnoxious (and sometimes offensive) video is playing unwanted to accompany the music I otherwise did want to hear

can you explain that? i do not understand what you mean thanks

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
- when i lock my phone, the video stops playing
- when i go to the desktop of my phone (or to another app), the youtube little popup still floats around, i don't prefer it
- the fact that if i only want to hear music, why use a service that includes an unwanted Video? many music videos contain objectionable material - even if I listen to the music

and lastly, using low-fi videos to listen to music (with high quality potential) is annoying to me. to listen to Music, I prefer a dedicated Music streaming service

conception_native_0123

Local time
Play music through whatever medium you want. I play music with YouTube because I can skip advertisements or push mute button. I also listen to music streaming service directly because I can skip advertisement there too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom