Advice on progress meter (1 Viewer)

foshizzle

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:47
I have a report that is executed from a button on a form. The report is not necessarily slow; it takes 10sec to complete. There are 15 queries that run to get the data necessary for this report.

From what I've read, it doesn't seem possible to add a true progress bar. For this case, are there any other animated options available to just alert the user a task is in progress? "Example call 2" on the link below sounds cool but i dont know about this "ADODB.Connection"
https://christopherjmcclellan.wordpress.com/2014/03/08/progress-bar-for-ms-access/comment-page-1/

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 02:47
Why can you not update it between the queries being run?

foshizzle

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:47
Im just opening the report with DoCmd.OpenReport. The report is based on the final query.
I suppose I'm not sure how to make it work like you suggest

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You can use an hourglass or display a message whilst the various queries are run before the report opens.
For various ways of alerting users that something is happening, see my example app Attention Seek - Mendip Data Systems

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Im just opening the report with DoCmd.OpenReport. The report is based on the final query.
I suppose I'm not sure how to make it work like you suggest
Ah OK,
I was envisaging you running the queries one at a time in a sub.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 18:47
has anyone tried running an animated GIF on - if necessary - a small webbrowser control? other than all the potentially ugly borders and frames, that seems like a possibility. access really ought to update their Image control to run them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom