After some help with a sheets formula. Not sure this is the best place to ask? (1 Viewer)

Beakerfm

Local time
Today, 07:47
Hi there, thanks for taking time to read my post. I'm after some help creating a formula in Google Sheets.
I'm running a small football tournament for my school class and am try to get the sheet to populate a points table. I've worked out how to get the scores to change colour within a cell using custom formulas but I would love that to then add three points to another cell. so far I have "=if(B33>C33) then I'm not sure how to make that add 3 points to the number in D33. Does that even makes sense?

Thanks for any advice you can give

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:47
Hi. Just a guess, but maybe something like?
Code:
=D33+IF(B33>C33,3,0)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I have enabled this Google sheet as shared and anyone can edit. It might be handy for testing different scenarios.

Beakerfm

Local time
Thanks for your advice, I think I have got the link to share now so you can see what I mean. I have made the cells change colour when the match scores are entered into cells B33:C33 etc and this then outputs home win, away win or draw. This cell (D33) then populates a score to C25 and C26 to show the points scored per match. So far so good, however, I can't seem to find a way to say if cell B33 and C33 etc are empty, cell D33 can be blank and also cell C25 and C26 can be blank until a score is entered. I might be making this more complicated than it needs to be with code, but I'm willing to learn.

I'm trying to paste the link to the sheet but for some reason I can't?

Thanks again for your patience with this newbie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom