airlines making sense, finally (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 07:55
Remember when, in the news, the airlines were called out for refusing to refund customers for cancelled flights during the pandemic? That wasn't too long ago. Well, seems that United Airlines was the first one to get their brain cells back:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
They were losing so much business that they were getting desperate. If they had unattractive cancellation, they would lose business to others who had even marginally better rules. And HOO BOY have they lost a lot of business.

neuroman9999

Local time
yep. but what the hell do they care? apparently the billions in the bank must have gone down to 2 or 3 billion. eyes must have been opened for some reason. if they lose pennies, they don't even notice. probably because they're in switzerland talking with all the other CEOs. :(

I've said it before, and I'll say it until the cows come home....corporations are the dumbest entities on Earth.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Must disagree. According to Mark Twain, that honor goes to ... Congress. Some quotes:

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
"Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can."
"There is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."

Other humorists have a low opinion of Congress as well.

For instance, Will Rogers:

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer."

neuroman9999

Local time
wow....what insight from you Richard! I praise everything you've just said. There's no way I can ''up'' that one. or any of them for that matter. Possibly a quote from Robin Williams in 2009 before he died?
Welcome to Washington, where the buck stops here. Way to go. Then it's handed out to AIG and many other people...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom